The story so far…
We’ve landed ourselves in some very hot water from time to time – and so has virtually everybody we know!
- Ever forgotten your own anniversary or somebody’s birthday?
- How about driving around in a car without an MOT or arriving at the airport to find your passport has expired?
- Or how about returning from holiday to find 14 pints of milk festering on the doorstep?
Yes, these things have all happened to us or somebody we know.
We like to think we understand what people are like. We’ve both run serviced based businesses for years and we know that people forget. They don’t mean to – they just get too busy with living! We love to listen to our customers and help them resolve their problems. Better still, we love to make sure the issues don’t arise in the first place. And we like to have some fun while we’re doing it.
So we decided to do something about people’s memories. We gave up on that after 30 seconds because neither of us has ever been able to fathom out the human mind so we opted for a fantastic online solution that fully embraces up to the minute technology instead.
We had tried looking for an existing solution and came up with handwritten diaries, Filofax (remember them?), post-it notes, PC or Mac based Calendars and To-Do lists and more recently smartphone apps. But there was a big BUT…
None of them were properly co-ordinated or did everything we wanted so Reminders etc was born.
- We wanted to be reminded of important events wherever we were, by email, or by text message. We became passionate about the possibilities.
- We wanted it to be simple to use but able to handle more complex tasks, like reminding other people as well as ourselves. It had to be easy to find reminders and it had to be proactive in making suggestions of important things that we are all likely to forget from time to time.
- And top of our list was we wanted it to be available to absolutely everybody. And that meant making a version that is totally free to use.
You too can help us grow further
We have some great plans that, although still in the development stage, are well advanced, like a “business” version so clients can be automatically be reminded of appointments or things they need to do. And some great ideas around reminders for bills that need paying – but we can’t give too much away about that just yet.
We’d love to hear from you with any ideas you have to make Reminders etc even more useful for you. We can’t promise we will implement everything but we promise we will listen. And of course, the more friends and family you tell about Reminders etc the more use you will get from it. You can then set up any number of reminders for all of you – like a party or get together for example.
The more we listen to you the better Reminders etc will become
Remember – we are always here to remind you.
Steven & Mark
Reminders etc Limited
White House Lane
Tel: +44(0)1483-568082 (Office hours 09:00 – 17:00 GMT Monday – Friday)